Help And Info - Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this site with my computer?
This site has been tested thoroughly on all computers and operating systems. If you experience any difficulties using the site please email customerservices@aCardandaGift.com with details of your operating system, web browser and the difficulty you are experiencing and we will do our best to rectify the issue as soon as possible.
What security measures are protecting my information?
The security of our customers information is very important to us and we store your sensitive account information on a secure server with industry standard encryption. Our secure-server software encrypts all your personal information including credit or debit card number and name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet.
How do I order products?
To order goods from aCardandaGift.com you do not need to register as a customer. If you do choose to register, you will be able to see details of your past purchases and your address details will be saved so that you do not need to enter them the next time you order. When you have completed shopping and proceed to the checkout you will have the opportunity to register or simply pay for your goods. We accept payment by credit card via the international banking organisation WorldPay or you can pay via PayPal. In neither case do we hold the details of your credit card within our website or on our servers.
What do I do if I forget my password?
Go to the log-in page where you will be asked if you have forgotten your password. Simply enter the email address you registered with and we will remind you of your password by email to that address.
How will my items be shipped, how long will it take and what are the shipping charges?
Full details of shipping methods and charges can be viewed by clicking here.
Do you accept orders for overseas delivery?
Yes, we can ship anywhere in the world.
How will I know when my order has been despatched?
You will receive an email from us confirming your order and advising the despatch date. You may also check on the progress of your order by logging into your account.
What are your terms and conditions of trade?
You can view our terms and conditions of trade by clicking here
How do I upload images to your site?
Uploading your own choice of photograph to our website using our Personalisation Wizard is a straight forward process but there are things you can do to help ensure this.
- Your Image must be in Jpeg format (image name ends in .jpg).
- Your image should be of a high enough resolution to look great but not such a large file that uploading is impossible. We recommend that you aim for an image size of around 500KB. The maximum file size is 2MB.
- You may wish to crop or edit your photograph before uploading to reduce its size, but you can always enlarge, reduce and move the position of your image on our site using the tools we provide.
- If you choose to edit your image in our wizard, always make sure that you enlarge the image to fit fully into the frame with no space showing around the image.
- If you’re scanning a photograph to upload, we recommend that you use 150 DPI setting on your scanner as, depending on the physical size of the original photo, this should provide a high quality image at a reasonable file size. Remember to save this file as a .jpg.
If you upload an image that has a lower resolution or size than our optimum recommendation, our wizard will accept the image but you may see a warning message to advise you that your image may not print to the the high standard we aim to meet. If you see this message, you may wish to consider using a higher quality image if you have one.
If your image is taking a long time to upload, (longer than 90 seconds), it may be for one or both of the following reasons:
1. The image is the wrong format. Open the image on your computer and save it as a .jpg and try uploading again.
2. The image is too large. Open the image on your computer, reduce its size, save it as a smaller .jpg and then upload it again.
Your computer and/or camera software user manual should be able to guide you through re-sizing and re-saving images.
If you still have problems uploading an image, don't worry, all is not lost. Just email the image to us, together with your phone number at email@example.com. We will contact you and do our best to help resolve the problem. Alternatively, you are welcome to call our helpline on 020 8993 5966 and we may be able to talk you through the process on the phone. We can usually resolve most problems within minutes and we’re always happy to help.
Will the DVD's in your DVD Gift Cards play on my DVD player?
Our DVD's are not region encoded and so can be played anywhere in the world however, different countries use different types of television signal to view DVD's and you need to be sure to choose the correct format for the country you are in. The two formats are PAL and NTSC. PAL is used mostly in europe and Australia while NTSC is the format in the USA. See below for a list of countries and the Television formats they use.
If you live in a country that uses the PAL system you should add the UK/PAL DVD Gift Cards to your basket and you will receive a PAL format DVD. If though you live in a country that uses the NTSC format, or intend to send the DVD Gift Card to someone living in one of those countries, you should select the USA/NTSC range to see your version of the DVD Gift Card and add that version to your basket. You will then receive an NTSC version of the DVD. If you are uncertain which to order please email us for further advice.
- PAL DVD Countries
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azores, Baharain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil , Brunei, Cameroon, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, Dubai, Ethiopia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guinea, Holland, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Laos, Liberia, Madeire, Malaysia, Malta, Mozambique, Nepal, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay , Poland, Portugal, Qutar, Romania, S.W. Africa, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, West Germany, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- NTSC DVD Countries
Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Burma, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Midway Islands, Netherland Antilles, Nicaragua, North Mariana Island, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saipan, Samoa, South Korea, Surinam, Taiwan, Tobago, Trinidad, United States, Venezuela, Virgin Islands.
As with any aspect of our website or services, if you need help or advice please call our customer service team on +44 (0)20 8993 5966.
Year of birth calculator
Would you like 20% off your next order and our latest offers to your inbox?Yes please! »
Yours is a fast and efficient service. Many thanks. Gareth, Tonypandy
- Dates to remember
- 16th Decmber Royal Mail's last recommended posting day for cards by International Airmail to Austria, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain & Switzerland
- 17th December Royal Mail's last recommended posting day for cards by International Airmail to Belgium, France, Ireland & Luxembourg
- 20th December Royal Mail's last recommended posting day for cards sent Second Class to a UK address
- 21st December Royal Mail's last recommended posting day for cards sent First Class to a UK address